One of our Troops critical fundraising programs is collecting & redeeming bottles & cans, for cash. The following is an outline of how the program works.
Recycle Center (steps)
- Scouts are scheduled each Saturday throughout the year to sort bottles and cans at the Bellingham Recycling Center at South Maple Street at the Bellingham/Franklin line. (The right turn immediately after Sandcastle Lane)
- The assigned scout and a parent need will need to go to Recycle Center to sort Bottles & Cans
- Recycle Center Hours: Saturday 8-4 or Sundayâ€™s (Apr-Nov) 8-2
- There will be a signup sheet to get credit for working.
- The scout and parent are only needed to be there for an hour or until all the bottles and cans are sorted to work a shift.
- Scouts get assigned about 2-3 times a year.
- If the scout cannot work the assigned weekend they should seek to swap with another scout.
- As a backup, a parent can work the schedule to get credit for their son
- Instructions and the signup sheet are in the trailer at the Recycle Center.
We sort all $0.05 redeemable containers accepted, in Massachusetts anything else would need to be recycled normally.
- Aluminum Cans
- 12 oz to 16 oz plastic soda bottles
- 1 liter plastic bottles
- 2 liter plastic bottles
- Glass bottles by color & brand put in cardboard case boxes
Full glass cases & plastic bags are stacked in the trailer.